Canon has released firmware version 2.0.0 for the EOS 7D. The update, originally announced in June, is the most comprehensive we can think of - significantly expanding the capabilities of the 7D. Changes include improved continuous-shooting buffer depth (to 25 Raws, up from the original 15), customizable Auto ISO, control of audio recording level for video and the ability to re-process Raws and rate images in-camera. The update also enables the use of the GP-E2 GPS module.
1. Increases burst rate from 15 RAWs to 25 RAWs. POSITIVE!!!
2. Support of the GPS receiver. DEPENDS...
3. Time zone setting added. AM I GOING TO USE IT?
4. Maximum Auto ISO setting added. POSITIVE!!!
5. In-camera RAW processing added. I AM NOT GOING TO USE IT!!!
6. Rating function added. I AM NOT GOING TO USE IT!!!
7. JPEG image resizing added. I AM NOT GOING TO USE IT!!!
8. Quick control function during playback added. AM I GOING TO USE IT?
9. Faster scrolling of magnified image. POSITIVE!!!
10. Filename setting function added. POSITIVE!!!
11. Sound recording level manual adjustment. POSITIVE!!!