Μετάφραση

Friday 26 July 2013

Work in progress (an update)

It seems that work in progress never ends.  From the last post of this blog until now, many things have happened and many photographs were shot.  I also had some dead-days for vacations and other stuff that occupied my time and sanity.  Since this May I have traveled to Tinos Island, to Santorini, I have shot another close relative's wedding (Takis and Lambrini), spent 20 days on vacation at a place with no photo post processing ability, I have shot several model sessions one of which is not yet processed at all.  But let's start from the beginning, shall we?

At 11 of May I made a quick trip to Tinos, shooting over 1.500 pictures that are still waiting to be processed.  



On our way we stopped to Siros, a beautiful picturesque island that captivated the visitor even by just entering the main port.  There are so many places to visit there and so little time.  There's no plan to visit the island again, but who knows what the future has planned for us!


At 7th of June I made a 3-day trip to Santorini. The result was over 3.500 photos that I am trying to process, but only a few were completed.  I also suffered from exhaustion, developed a hernia and my newly acquired asthma did not improve.




At June 26th I was visiting my hometown, I shot some wonderful model sessions and for 11 days had no access to a pc that could post process my photos (my pc!).


From July 6th to July 17 I visited again my hometown and I shot another model photo session plus a close relative's wedding with over 2.500 shots altogether, that are also waiting for post processing.  


I also had various system updates (CS6 updated to CC, lowered my overclocking after a Graphics card problem, etc), some more DVI tapes waiting for DVD conversion and many more small jobs (including filling my tax forms for 2013) that held me back including a broken flash, (a Yongnuo YN568 EX II that stopped working correctly after 2 days of use).


In the meantime I was happily surprised when I saw two of my photos being used by Athens Metro in an advertising poster in Athens.


I now try to spend my free time (around 4 hours not including sleep) to post process the vast amount of data that waits in production line.  As a result I have not updated my blog for this period at all and I feel always tired (well, now you know why).  Some ready samples you can see in this post, but there are many more where they came from, I just need to find some time to create a post for each session and select representative photos the work that was done.

Thank you for your patience.

Visitors