Μετάφραση

Saturday 6 October 2012

29/7/2012 Street festival at Kalamata

29/7/2012 Kalamata
There was a street festival with music and happenings in the Railway Park of Kalamata. Actually it was not only that day, but it started some days before. I was reluctant to go there when invited because I was dead tired, but I still wanted to go for shooting.  Some of my friends would be in the park where the festival was taking place, so I decided to go anyway since you never know when a good photo opportunity is going to pop-up. And it paid being ready! I only shot 20 shots, as I just wasn't in the mood for "festivities", it is simply not my style and the hard metal sounds of the bands did not help at all as it is not my kind of music.
But then I saw something that drew my attention and immediately my mind started imagining things. There was a boy with some flammable fluid and two sticks of wood that he tossed into the air. I thought that it was a difficult theme as the flammes should make sense when they "burned" my digital film as they moved around. I approached a steel bar to stabilize my POV and started shooting at low speeds measuring the time that a full toss needed to be completed. Some of my shots came out very interesting and the post processing (mostly overmanipulating the clarity bar and darkening the blacks) helped in making the flames stand out.
I also shot a single frame of a band at ISO 3200, but I soon realized this would be the only shot I was going to shoot presenting a band since my mind was turned to the flame-guy.


The Heart?!...

Saturn?!?!

Tidal wave?!?

Beats me!!!

Fire Dragon?!?

Visitors