Μετάφραση

Thursday 31 May 2012

Wedding of Ntina Panousi


27th of May 2012 - A Wedding And A Christening

It was one of those times when you have two church mysteries one after the other and you have to be prepared for both situations.  This time I had learned the camera's settings, but somehow I found out that I had to study the camera body some more!  Again, I had not scouted the church before, no test shots, the main photographer had lights with frequency sync, so no worries this time!
He was polite and friendly when he asked me if I was going to be a second-shooter because nobody had informed him.  I replied that I was not going to be his second shooter and he would be the prime photographer of the mysteries, I could understand he was worried about me being an obstacle, but I reassured him that I would be careful not to stand in his way.  He replied that he would try to do the same and he asked me to leave some space before his bag so he could have quick access.  The rest of the day went fine and he did as he promised, I hope I hadn't been an obstacle, too.
The priest was in a real hurry as the bride delayed her arrival (according to custom!) and by the time the couple stood before the priest, the blessings were about to end.  The prime photographer of the event turned to me in anxiety because the priest was rushing the mystery not giving him time to think, point and shoot as he would want to.  I agreed!  I had not shoot the couple preparing for the wedding, nor in the party after the wedding and I know there was not going to be an after-wedding shooting in some remote and beautiful location.

After the event and just when I started developing the photos I discovered a nice tutorial about how to process and what to expect on such events which would have helped me had I read it before the shooting. I also found out what was the problem with my wide angle shots that had irregular lighting and how to overcome this.  In addition, I also learned how to take correct outside shots in bright noon light and in overcast days.  Of course these are for use in future weddings…

Equipment used:  Canon EOS 60D with Canon EF-S 15-85mm f3.5-5.6 IS and Cullmann D 4500-C Flash in Auto E-TTL Mode at 0 EV (I could use some more e.g. 0,5 EV).

Settings: In church, Manual settings, ISO Auto up to 1600, Shutter 1/125 and f5.6-f8, flash in E-TTL mode (there were problems at the range below 24mm as I expected and the flash could not focus, so it was randomly focusing in the last setting it had before the shot.  I later found out that in order to overcome this I needed to flip and turn down the on-board diffuser.  In addition the flash had a maximum ISO setting of 800 making the camera's ISO setting of 1600 to almost burn the highlights).

Out in the yard with strong noon light: Manual settings, ISO 100, Shutter 1/250 and f8 with FEC -2 EV (which were not so rewarding as settings, but I salvaged the photos!!!  I also found out later that a FEC of +1 EV in AV mode was needed to fill the dark areas and overpower the sun).

Canon EOS 60D
Cullmann D 4500-C

So, without further delay I present you the wedding of Dina Panousi and the Christening of Dimitris.


NOTE: In order to view the full album (135 photos) press the link at the end of the page.  You will only see 10 photos here.


I wish the couple all the best in their life and best wishes for their little one...










Visitors