Μετάφραση

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Kalamata, June 2012

I've just finished the vast amount of photos I had to select and post process and I have mixed feelings about Canon's accuracy in focusing successfully.  I cannot understand if the unsuccessful focus is because the camera can't focus accurately or because subject or photographer moves.  I have used long and short lenses, high and low shutter speeds in day and night and what I have found is that when focusing from camera's live view in day I have many successful shots, but when point and shooting, things become difficult. 
 
In spite of having to examine each and every shot, this comes rather handy because in that way I can also check the exposure, white balance and confirm framing after taking the shot.  Tight focus resulted in rather unsuccessful clarity and chromatic noise was visible at ISO over 400.  This was very frustrating as I intended some of the photos for stock use and I cannot use them because of this.  The following photos are crystal clear at 1:1 resolution and I have selected only a few from the large amount I had shot.  To be sincere, I did not like them at all having to mess with color corrections over yellows and blues...

Enjoy..

Kalamata, view to Verga village through the harbor.

Summer theme.

Fishing with extended odds!

Potato plants, Greek cultivation.

Analipsi church in Kalamata.

Anchored sailing boat. Why leave?

Crystal clear waters, summer paradise.

Playing with colors and frames.

Anchored boat with reflecting waters.

Anchored boat with reflections, framing a little differently.

A promising panorama view of Kalamata.

Trying to manipulate the light, ISO 12800. For some strange reason I like the dynamism and framing of this photo.

Ship Nissiros is now used as storage room.

Visitors